|Tzell Travel Privacy Promise. Tzell believe in protecting your privacy.
These are our ten promises to you:
1. Notice. When we collect your personal information, we’ll give you timely and appropriate notice describing what personal information we’re collecting, how we’ll use it, and the types of third parties with whom we may share it.
2. Choice. We’ll give you choices about the ways we use and share your personal information, and we’ll respect the choices you make.
3. Relevance. We’ll collect only as much personal information as we need for specific, identified purposes, and we won’t use it for other purposes without obtaining your consent.
4. Retention. We’ll keep your personal information only as long as we need it for the purposes for which we collected it, or as permitted by law.
5. Accuracy. We’ll take appropriate steps to make sure the personal information in our records is accurate.
6. Access. We’ll provide ways for you to access your personal information, as required by law, so you can correct inaccuracies.
7. Security. We’ll take appropriate physical, technical, and organizational measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
8. Sharing. Except as described in this Policy, we won’t share your personal information with third parties without your consent.
9. International Transfer. If we transfer your personal information to another country, we’ll take appropriate measures to protect your privacy and the personal information we transfer.
10. Enforcement. We’ll regularly review how we’re meeting these privacy promises, and we’ll provide an independent way to resolve complaints about our privacy practices.
To access your information, ask questions about our privacy practices, change your marketing preferences or issue a complaint, contact us at:
119 West 40th Street
New York, NY 55344
Scope of this Policy
Your Consent to This Policy
This Policy is part of the Terms and Conditions of the Tzell Travel Group. To review our Terms and Conditions, click here. By using our Sites or services, you are expressly agreeing to our Terms and Conditions, including the terms of this Policy.
Effective Date: [7/22/2010]
Frequently Asked Questions About Our Privacy Practices
Last Updated: [7/22/2010]
Who are we?
How can someone learn about our privacy practices?
When we ask for your personal information, we’ll let you know how you can find out about our privacy practices. If we’re asking you for information online, such as on one of our Web sites, we’ll provide a link to our Privacy Promise. If we’re asking you to complete a paper form, we’ll include a privacy notice with additional points of contact for your questions. If you’re making a reservation by phone, our operators will be able to answer your privacy questions. Our travel agents know about our commitments to your privacy. They will be able to answer your questions and address your concerns. If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices, you may contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is “personal information”?
As used in this Policy, the term “personal information” means information that identifies you personally, either alone or in combination with other information available to us.
What personal information do we collect about you?
We believe that in order to make your experience pleasing and comfortable, we must strive to anticipate your needs. There are several ways we collect your personal information when you visit our Sites or use our services:
* Information You Provide. If you’re making a reservation on one of our Web sites, we’ll ask for your name, address, e-mail address, phone number and credit-card number, which we need to secure your reservation. We’ll save that number to facilitate future reservations. If you choose to create an online profile your credit card information may be shared with a travel agent for purchases requested on your behalf. The sharing of this information to travel agencies is only used for requested services and not for any other purpose. If you provide us comments through the “Email Us” features on our Web sites, we’ll provide a way for you to include your contact information, but you can also choose to provide anonymous comments. If you establish a Web site account with us, we’ll ask for your basic contact information to facilitate future online reservations. Another way we try to anticipate your needs is by conducting market research. We will occasionally invite our past customers to participate in surveys or focus groups where we will ask for your opinions about your experience with us or about new services we are considering. Your participation in our market research is always on a voluntary basis.
- Information Provided by Companies Outside Tzell Tzell Group. We may, from time to time, obtain information about our customers from other companies, but only if these companies have the right to share that information with us. For example, if we do not have your current e-mail address, we may obtain that information from another company so that we can keep your account up-to-date, but only if the other company has the right to share that information with us.
- Information Sent To Us By Your Browser. Like most commercial Web sites, we collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser when you access our Sites. This information typically includes the IP address of your Internet service provider, the type of your operating system, and the type of your browser. The information we receive depends on the settings on your web browser. Please check your browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings. We use this information to create statistics that help us improve our Sites and make it more compatible with the technology used by our visitors. The information provided by your browser does not identify you personally. However, we may review our server logs for security purposes, such as detecting intrusions into our network. If we suspect criminal activity, we might share our server logs – which contain visitors’ IP addresses – with the appropriate investigative authorities who could use that information to trace and identify individuals. In addition, if you access this site through an e-mail we have sent you, or if you’ve created a “user profile” during one of your visits, we may link the information provided by your browser to information in our records that identifies you personally.
- Information Collected by Travel Agents. Many of the travel agencies within Tzelll Travel Group are owned and operated independently of the Franchise Group. Because they are separate businesses, we can’t control all of the ways they may collect and use guest information. We do, however, require our travel agents to comply with all applicable legal requirements regarding the privacy of your information. If you provide us comments, we’ll use your information to improve our services.
How can you access and update your personal information?
To access your personal information for the purpose of updating it or correcting inaccuracies, contact your travel counselor.
If you have additional questions regarding your personal information, please contact us. We will respond promptly within the time limits established by applicable law. For your protection, we may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. In most cases, we will provide the access you request and correct or delete any inaccurate information you discover. In some cases, however, we may limit or deny your request if the law permits or requires us to do so.
What steps do we take to make sure your personal information is accurate?
You may update or correct key information relating to your account at any time by visiting your online profile or contacting us. In addition, from time to time, we may invite you to review and update key information relating to your account. We may also try to ensure that our customer addresses remain current by checking them against national change-of-address lists that postal services make available.
We take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized alteration. If you become aware that any of the personal information in our records is inaccurate or has been altered, please contact us.
|How do we use your personal information?
* Newsletters, Special Offers, and Updates. If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. We will occasionally send you information on products, services, special deals, and promotions. You can sign up for these emails from us on our Email Sign-up page.
Out of respect for your privacy, we present the option not to receive these types of communications. You can unsubscribe at anytime by contacting your travel counselor.
We use your personal information to make your travel reservations; to provide your requested travel-related services; to process your payment; to maintain your online account; to communicate with you regarding your account and future travel with us; to customize the content and layout of this Site to match your needs, interests, and preferences; and to learn more about the your needs and wishes to improve this Site and other aspects of our services.
* You may change your privacy preferences at any time by contacting your travel counselor.
After you change your preferences, you may continue, for a time, to receive promotional messages in accordance with your former preferences. This may happen because we may have shared your personal information with a third party in connection with a specific campaign before you changed your privacy preferences. If you receive an unwanted e-mail message, you should use the “opt-out” link contained in that message to communicate directly with the sender.
If you choose not to receive any promotional communications from us, we will not send you purely promotional messages. We may still contact you for administrative purposes, such as confirming a transaction you’ve made, informing you of your account status, or inviting you to reconsider your privacy preferences. To no longer receive any communications from us, you will need to close any accounts with us. To close your personal account, please your travel counselor to request deletion of your personal accounts.
Do we share your information with other companies?
Depending on your privacy preferences, we may share your personal information in the ways described below:
- Tzell Travel Group Travel Agents. Many travel agents operating under the Tzell Travel brand are independently owned and operated businesses. In order to process reservations with them, fulfill customer requests, and update customer privacy preferences, we will share customer information with these travel agents.
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your personal information with companies and organizations that perform services on our behalf. For example, we use a third party to deliver our e-mails to you. Our third-party service providers are only authorized to use your personal information to perform services on our behalf and are required to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. We do not share, sell, rent or trade personal information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Third-Party Marketing Partners. If you have given us permission to do so, we may share your personal information with third parties who will use the information to send you information and offers that they believe will be of interest to you.
- Refer-a-Friend. Occasionally we will include a “refer-a-friend” feature in our promotions where we will ask you for your friend’s name and e-mail address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time e-mail inviting your friend to visit the Site.
- Sweepstakes. Occasionally, we’ll feature sweepstakes offers on our Web sites. If you enter these sweepstakes, Tzell Travel Group or our suppliers will hold your registration information. If you win the sweepstakes, we may provide your registration information to a sweepstakes partner company for the purpose of providing you your prize.
- Law Enforcement. There are other, limited circumstances in which we or the companies with which we share your personal information may share or transfer your personal information to unrelated third parties. For example, we may provide personal information to a third party when we believe it is necessary to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to comply with a court order or subpoena; to comply with a legal requirement; to protect your vital interests; or in connection with a sale, purchase, merger, reorganization, financing, liquidation, dissolution, or similar event. When we disclose information under these or similar circumstances, we’ll take appropriate steps to limit use and protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
Does our Site use spyware?
Our Site does not use spyware. The term “spyware” refers to a software program that, when installed on your computer, changes settings, displays advertising, or tracks your Internet behavior and reports information back to a central database. Spyware is usually installed on your computer without your knowledge and can be very difficult to remove.
Do we collect personal information from children?
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not give us any information that identifies you personally. If we learn that a member of the Program is, in fact, under 13, we will freeze that individual’s account and send that person an e-mail requesting that a parent or guardian contact us to help us correct the situation.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes for which it was collected, or to which you have consented, or as permitted by applicable law.
Do we transfer your personal information outside your country of residence?
Tzell Travel Group, its travel brands, and Travel Leaders Group are all U.S. corporations. This Site may be hosted on Web servers located in the United States or other countries. Our data and call centers are located in the United States, although we may at times use supplemental facilities located outside of these countries. We share the personal information we collect with third-party service providers, our Partners, and others around the world as described in this Policy.
When we transfer your personal information to another country, we’ll take appropriate measures to protect your privacy and personal information. In addition, no matter where we transfer your personal information, it will remain subject to the terms of this Policy and your privacy preferences.
You should know that different countries have different data-protection laws, some of which provide more protection than others. By using this Site and participating in this Program, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to any country in the world, but only in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
How do we protect your personal information?
We maintain appropriate physical, technological, and organizational safeguards to protect your personal information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, and destruction. For example, our data networks are protected by firewalls and intrusion-detection sensors. Only those who have a “need-to-know” are authorized to access member accounts, and only after they’ve been trained on our security procedures.
Although we use reasonable measures to help protect your personal information and comply with applicable data security laws, it’s important that you understand that no Web site or database is completely secure, or “hacker proof.” You can protect yourself and help us prevent computer crime by carefully guarding your password. If you believe the security of your account has been breached, contact us.
What about links to other Web sites?
How do we enforce our privacy promises?
We communicate our privacy promises to our employees and train employees handling member information on their roles and responsibilities in protecting your privacy. We regularly assess the privacy and security practices of our Web sites, databases, and other member-information systems to identify ways we can improve our data practices. This privacy statement covers the Web sitewww.tzell.com.
How do we make notification of changes to this Policy?
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Policy at any time. The level of notice we’ll provide when we change this Policy will depend on the nature of the change. In any event, changes to this Policy may affect our use of personal information that you provided us prior to the effective date of the changes.
What if your privacy concern is not addressed to your satisfaction?
- Minor Changes. If we make only minor changes to this Policy, we’ll replace this Policy with the new Policy and change the “effective” date at the top of this Policy. We will also provide a notice at the top of this Policy for at least 30 days after the new effective date. Your continued participation in the Program or use of this Site following a minor change to this Policy will indicate your acceptance of the revised Policy. Minor changes include, for example, changes to the list of members of Tzell Travel Group and changes to our contact information.
- Material Changes. We’ll notify you of any material changes to this Policy by sending you a notice by e-mail at the last e-mail address you provided us. Our notice may include a link or direct you to visit this Site to review the revised Policy. We’ll also provide a notice at the top of the revised Policy for at least 30 days after the new effective date and highlight the changes in the Policy so that you can locate them easily. Material changes to this Policy will be effective as of the effective date included in the notice to you or, if no effective date is included, 30 calendar days after we send the notice to you at the last e-mail address you provided us. If the last e-mail address you provided us is not valid or current, or if for any other reason is not capable of delivering to you the notice described above, our mailing of the notice to your last e-mail address will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice. You expressly agree that communication of material changes as described above will be sufficient notice of material changes to this Policy and you agree to assume responsibility for reviewing the modified Policy. Your continued participation in the Program following such notice will indicate your acceptance of the revised Policy. If you don’t agree to the changes in our Policy, you must notify us prior to the effective date of the changes that you wish to deactivate your account with us.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, please contact us at email@example.com.